Are you ready to fly again? With the airline industry taking a serious hit due to COVID-19, prices of flights have gone way down. In an attempt to fill flights to keep business afloat, airlines have to give passengers what they’ve wanted back for years: cheap flights.
Getting on an airplane during this pandemic can be scary. However, some people have slowly been integrating back into their old travel patterns and been pleased with the precautions being taken. For example, masks are required on all U.S. airlines by both employees and passengers. Not to mention, certain airlines will even screen passengers temperatures before boarding.
With that being said, travel at your own risk. Just know that you’re probably never going to snag a flight as cheap as you will right now. With one-way flights starting at just $14, we can hardly believe it either.
Listed below are some of the lowest basic economy fares for domestic flights we could find.*
- Newark (ERW) to Ft. Lauderdale (FLL): $19 one-way on Frontier, $21 one-way on United
- Newark (EWR) to Austin (AUS): $26 one-way on Spirit, $41 one-way on United and JetBlue
- Newark (EWR) to New Orleans (MSY): $38 one-way on Spirit, $41 one-way on United
- Chicago (ORD) to Atlanta (ATL): $26 one-way on Spirit
- Denver (DEN) to Chicago (ORD): $18 one-way on Spirit, $18 one-way on Frontier, $41 one-way on United
- Lon Angeles (LAX) to Denver (DEN): $24 one-way on Frontier
- Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) to Chicago (ORD): $19 one-way on United, $36 one-way on American
- Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) Los Angeles (LAX): $45 one-way on Spirit
- Atlanta (ATL) to Dallas (DFW): $26 one-way on Spirit
- Las Vegas (LAS) to Chicago (ORD): $38 one-way on Spirit
- Houston (IAH) to Chicago (ORD): $31 one way on Frontier
- Houston (IAH) to Newark (EWR): $26 one-way on Spirit, $43 one-way on United
- Houston (IAH) to Denver (DEN): $23 one-way on on Frontier, $38 one-way on Spirit
- Houston (IAH) to Ft. Lauderdale (FLL): $18 one-way on Spirit
- Cleveland (CLE) to Newark (EWR): $14 one-way on Spirit, $41 one-way on United
- Cleveland (CLE) to Miami (MIA): $22 one-way on Frontier
Almost all airlines are still waiving change fees. So if you decide to skip out on your flight last minute (for any reason whatsoever), you’ll be awarded the money back for future flight credit in most cases. Coupled with the fact that you only paid twenty-something dollars, your loss would be miniscule.
Don’t see the flight you want? You can do your own flight search on Google Flights. The tool allows you to explore the cheapest options for flights on almost all airlines, and gives you the option to search flexible dates as well. In the example below, we’ve chosen Newark as our starting destination, and left one-way flights open to any time in the next 6 months.
As you might have been able to gather, there are too many inexpensive flight options for us to list. In this case, having too many options is definitely a good thing! If you feel comfortable to travel again by the end of the year, know that at least you won’t have to break the bank on a flight.
*Note: All flight prices listed have been determined at the time this article was published. Although we work to update old articles to improve accuracy, we cannot guarantee these prices will be fixed.