UV Like many aspects of our lives, traveling has been totally altered due to COVID-19. In fact, for many it has completely stopped. When taking all the right precautions, we can being to think about traveling again. Items like this Travel UV Sanitizing Wand might be worth investing in before you take your first vacation this summer.
Although driving might be your safest option, it’s not always feasible. When resorting to air travel while adhering to your state’s guidelines, you can make an effort to protect yourself beyond what the airline is doing. They can clean and keep customers apart as much as possible, but ultimately you’re responsible for your own personal safety.
Wiping down your seat is obviously an option, but why not resort to convenience? This UV sanitizing wand from Sharper Image was designed specifically for the traveler. By utilizing Ultraviolet-C light, this device will significantly reduce microscopic germs, mold, and other common health hazards. The true beauty of this product is its portability. You can certainly use it in your home (we do!), but you can also travel with it to sanitize airplane seats and entire hotel rooms.
Some other practical uses for this UV wand are on door handles, keyboards, toilet seats, disposable masks, and your luggage. The one we use is pictured below.
How To Use
Since this wand is battery operated, you’ll want to get that taken care of before you leave for your trip. Included are 4 AA batteries that that will need to be inserted into the battery compartment.
To turn the device on, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds until you see the LED indicator begin flashing. When the flashing ceases, the UV wand is ready to begin sanitizing.
- Bedding/mattresses/airplane seat: Hold the wand approximately 1-2 inches from the surface, slowly moving it across the entire area. You should leave each area exposed to the light for about 5-10 seconds for maximum sanitation.
- Personal hygiene items (hair brushes, toothbrushes, jewelry, razors): Place the items on a counter, away from water. Hold the wand approximately 1-2 inches away from each object. Expose each object to the light for around 10 seconds for optimum exposure.
- Counters/bathroom fixtures: Hold the wand 2-4 inches above the surface. Expose the area to the light for about 10-20 seconds.
- Kitchen utensils: Again, place these items on a counter away from water. Hold the wand about approximately 2-3 inches away from each object. Expose each object to the light for around 10 seconds.
- Additional surfaces: Hold the wand approximately 2-4 inches above the surface. Expose each item to the light for about 10-20 seconds.
To turn it off, simply press the power button. This UV wand also has an automatic shutoff feature. A built-in safety switch will turn the UV-C light off if the device is turned upward. This is designed to protect your eyes from exposure to the light.
Is It Worth It?
Honestly, we don’t see a reason not to consider this UV sanitizing wand a new travel essential. At just over 10 inches in length and only 0.32 lbs, it is super compact and can be easily stored in your carry on bag or purse. It fits comfortably in your hand, and isn’t at all bulky.
Sanitizing wipes can give off the strong odor and become messy. Plus, they’re not suitable for all surfaces, especially those that may be uneven. Not to mention, worrying about disposing them when you’re done. With the wand, there’s no mess and no extra steps to the cleaning process.
This product is going to be my go-to for sanitizing while I travel and even while I’m home. Don’t just take our word for it, the UV wand has been reviewed by almost 200 customers on Sharper Image’s website, with an overall review of 4.8 stars.
The Travel UV Sanitizing Wand is available for purchase from Sharper Image for $79.99.
I simply want to mention I’m beginner to blogs and really liked you’re web page. Very likely I’m planning to bookmark your blog . You really come with perfect article content. Kudos for sharing your web page.
I was able to find good advice from your blog articles.|