I got the chance to explore the majestic country of Thailand, situated in Southeast Asia. Of course, I couldn’t leave without hitting all the best photo spots one of its most famous cities, Chiang Rai. From visiting exquisite temples to taking part of some of the traditions myself, there wasn’t a dull moment! Here are some of the most Insta-worthy destinations in Chiang Rai that you won’t want to miss.
- Wat Rong Khun – Wat Rong Khun created by Chalermchai Kositpipat is also known as the White Temple. Its white color represents the purity of Buddha while the mirrored surfaces reflects the light, representing Buddha’s wisdom shining across the Earth and Universe. This temple is one of the most beautiful I’ve ever seen, it’s truly magical.
- Wat Rong Seur Ten – Also known as the Blue Temple in Thailand, it’s painted with a striking blue color inside and out. Rong Seur Ten means “House of Dancing Tiger”, named after the actual tigers that used to jump the Mae Koh river throughout this area’s past. Inside the temple, the walls depict the life of Buddha, while the color represents the Dharma. Both the Blue Temple and The White Temple are close to one another, and it’s definitely worth it to make the trip to both.
- Black House – Another name for this structure is Baan Dam. Baan Dam is not just one building, but a collection of almost forty monuments which are home to Duchanee’s extensive collection of taxidermy and bones. The Black House is technically not a temple, although it looks just like one.
- Elephant Camp at Anatara Golden Triangle – This incredible property is on 160 acres of jungle with the most breathtaking views of the Golden Triangle, which acts as an intersection of three countries (Thailand, Myanmar and Laos). You can relax and get incredible Insta-worthy photos by the infinity pool with the gorgeous mountains in the background, or spend your afternoon at the Golden Triangle Elephant Camp. The camp offers you the opportunity to experience elephant bathing and trekking. This was probably one of the most unique and rewarding experiences of my life. When my elephant stared me in the eyes, that’s a moment I will never forget.
- Doi Mae Salong Tea Plantation – Doi Mae Salong is one of the highest peaks in Chiang Rai, providing the most stunning backdrops for this famous tea plantation.
- Golden Triangle and Sop Ruak – Along the Thailand banks where the Ruak and Mekong Rivers meet, a giant golden Buddha elephant, as well as statues and shrines to the Royal Family mark the heart of the Golden Triangle. I went up a tiny road just behind the shrines and captured a photo with phenomenal views from above.
- Lighting a Lantern in Thailand – What a fun experience it was to light a lantern and make a wish. Not to mention, it made for a great photo op!
- Trip to Laos – An exciting way to visit Laos is to cruise the river on a long boat from Golden Triangle to Donesao Island, Laos. Great photo Op area on the boat or in Laos !!