Five things you need to know how Ritz-Carlton Rewards Are Changing on August 18th:
Combine Your Marriott Rewards and SPG Accounts Into One:
- If you have accounts with Marriott Rewards and SPG, you’ll want to combine them now (even if you linked them you now must combine them)
- Combining accounts will create one single account and profile.
New Elite Status Levels and Benefits:
New Elite status levels and new benefits are now in effect, including Annual Choice Benefits, Suite Night Awards, Your24™ and more. Click here to learn more.
- Existing Elite members continue to be Elite and now enjoy benefits of a new, similar tier level. See chart below.
Note, the chart below does not apply to SPG Gold and SPG Platinum members who received Rewards Elite status due to linking and status matching. Click here to see SPG Elite status chart.
- Don’t forget — when you combine accounts, you could also achieve a higher Elite tier — based on combined Rewards and SPG nights stayed across our 29 brands, starting from January 1, 2018.
- If you’ve previously achieved Lifetime Elite status in Rewards or SPG, you will have that Lifetime Elite status in the new program. In addition, when you combine Rewards and SPG accounts, they will combine your lifetime activity across both toward Lifetime Elite status in the new combined program.
- And, if you’ve achieved Elite status in both Rewards and SPG in a single year, it will count as two years toward Lifetime status.
New Earning Opportunities:
- Earn points across all brands on room rate and other incidentals that can be charged to your room, such as spa and dining. Previously, only select Rewards brands offered point earning on incidentals.
- Earn points in one account for your stays across all 29 brands (including the addition of our SPG brands, such as St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection® and W® hotels) will earn points and Elite nights with your single account.
New Redemption Opportunities:
- The new Free Night Award Chart will offer you 6,500 participating hotels across all 29 participating brands — all with no blackout dates. Redeem for nights in overwater bungalows, former palaces and so much more.
- Standard redemption rates for hotel Categories 1-7 are available now. Peak, off-peak and Category 8 redemption rates will be introduced in early 2019.
- You’ll be able to transfer points to more than 40 airlines, including new options, such as Virgin Australia, Aegean Airlines and Air New Zealand. The new ratio will be 3 points for one mile.
- Plus, starting in August, they will add 15,000 points for every 60,000 points you transfer to airline miles, providing you with a total of 25,000 miles in the airline program of your choice.
Credit Card Earnings and Benefits:
- More points, more possibilities and more of what you love with the new Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card.
- See more details along with existing cards’ benefits.
Here is a list of all the brands and categories the rewards fall under:
- Superb amenities and services
2. Classic Luxury
- The Ritz-Carlton
- St. Regis Hotels and Resorts
- JW Marriott
3. Distinctive Luxury
- The luxury Collection
- W Hotels
4. Classic Premium
- Marriott Vacation Club
- Delta Hotels
5. Distinctive Premium
- Le Meridien
- Autograph Collection Hotels
- Design Hotels
- Tribute Portfolio
- Renaissance Hotels
- GayLord Hotels
6. Classic Select
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Four Points
- Springhill Suite by Marriott
- Fairfield by Marriott
- Protea Hotel
7. Distinctive Select
- Aloft Hotels
- AC Hotels
- Moxy Hotel
8. Classic Select Longer Stays
- Marriott Executive Apartment
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Townplace Suite
9. Distinctive Select Longer Stays
For more information, visit www.members.marriott.com.