The new year is bringing many exciting changes to airline elite status programs. JetBlue has recently hopped on board, sharing some amazing new updates to its Mosaic Program. One of the most notable additions to their program is the introduction of a five-month, unlimited companion pass.
That’s right, those with elite status on JetBlue will be able to bring one companion on every flight they take now through May 20, 2021. Only paid flights will qualify for a companion, meaning the offer doesn’t apply to True Blue or Cash + Points redemptions. It’s also worth mentioning that Mosaics can bring a different companion on each of their trips for only the cost of fees and taxes.
Mint bookings are, however, included in this special offer. That means a Mosaic with JetBlue can bring a companion for 50% off in Mint. This will yield big savings, especially since fares have been looking low already lately.
JetBlue’s business class has also seen some massive upgrades. Passengers will see updates to food, drinks, amenity kits, bedding, and more
Both tickets must be booked at the same time, in the same class of service, and in the same reservation. As companion fares cannot be booked online, you will need to call JetBlue’s 1-800 number to get started.
How To Earn JetBlue Mosaic Status in 2021
Compared to years past, earning Mosaic status will be easier. Flying requirements have been cut in half, and members can qualify based on a combination of co-branded credit card spending and flying. There are four ways to earn Mosaic status, making it more feasible for everyone:
- Earn 7.5k Mosaic qualifying points (rather than the usual 15k points)
- Earn 6k Mosaic qualifying points + fly 15 segments (normally, it would be 12k points + 30 segments)
- Spend $50k on purchases with the JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Business Card during the calendar year
- Spend $30k on purchases with the JetBlue Plus or JetBlue Business Card + earn 4k Moasic qualifying points during the calendar year (this is a brand new offer)
Every qualifying Mosaic will be rewarded 15k TrueBlue points.
What Happens When You Over Qualify For Mosaic?
JetBlue wants to continue rewarding its Mosaic members in 2021, so they’ve incentivized continued earning. There are 3 additional cumulative benefits Mosaics can strive for:
- By earning 10k Mosaic qualifying points, you can receive 10k TrueBlue bonus points
- By earning 20k Mosaic qualifying points, you can gift Mosaic status to someone else
- By earning 30k Mosaic qualifying points, you can receive a free round-trip flight certificate for a coach fare
JetBlue Plus Card Sign Up Bonus
Now through January 31, 2021, anyone who signs up for the JetBlue Plus Card can earn 50k bonus points after spending $1k on purchases and paying the $99 annual fee in full within the first 90 days. Plus, you can earn an extra 50k points after spending $6k on purchases in the first year.
Learn more about Mosaic on JetBlue’s website.