With all the disturbances the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is causing the travel industry, many loyalty programs are reaching out to their members. In this time of uncertainty, Hilton Honors has reached out to assure us not to worry about losing our status or points. The hotel company is also becoming more flexible when it comes to reservations—both existing and new.
Status And Points
The Hilton Honors program has decided to extend the benefits of their members. These extensions include the following.
- 2019 Status Extension: In this case, all members whose 2019 status was scheduled to be downgraded on March 31, 2020 will automatically receive an extension through March 31, 2021.
- 2020 Status Extension: All members with status in 2020 will have their status extended through March 31, 2022. Meaning you will still have access to your membership benefits for the next 2 years.
- Points Extension: The expiration of all Points will be put on pause. Therefore, any points scheduled to expire now through December 31, 2020 will not.
- Weekend Night Rewards Earned on Eligible Hilton Credit Cards: All Weekend Night Rewards points scheduled to expire after March 11, 2020 and issued until August 30, 2020 will be extended through August 31, 2021.
Hilton Honors realizes how rapidly travel plans have changed during this pandemic. The program has relieved a huge burden on members by becoming more flexible with making and changing reservations.
- Existing Reservations: All reservations that are scheduled to arrived on or before June 20, 2020 may be changed or cancelled for free. However, it must be done up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival day. This includes “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) reservations.
- New Reservations: All new reservations made that are booked between today and June 30, 2020 for any future arrival date may be changed or cancelled for free. However, it must be done up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival day. This includes “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) reservations.
The Hilton Honors program proudly supports the communities who have been and are continued to be affected by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). In partnership with federal, state, and local governments, the program is providing housing for first responders and health care workers. In addition, the Hilton Effect Foundation has pledged financial assistance to those organizations assisting people impacted by COVID-19.
Finally, Hilton Honors has made it an option for members to donate their Points to World Central Kitchen, Clean the World, Project Hope or Direct Relief. Conveniently, Point donations will be converted into cash and sent directly to these organizations.
In tough times like these, it’s comforting to know that loyalty programs are not adding to our stress. By extending statuses and points, being flexible with reservations, and giving back to the community, Hilton Honors assures us they have our best interest in mind.