Exploring Singapore’s Most Instagrammable Locations. When traveling outside of the United States, it’s no secret that you’re going to want to capture all of the natural beauties of a foreign country. From South America, to Europe, to Asia, capturing pictures of all the world has to offer will leave you with memories for decades and a thriving instagram feed. For this edition of ‘instagrammable spots’ we are looking into Singapore’s most undeniably gorgeous locations.
Singapore has so much to offer in terms of activities, dining, and taking photos. While we may not have time to visit all of them in our first visit, we definitely want to capture the best ones. So, to showcase Singapore in all of its natural beauty, we’ve ranked the most Instagram-worthy spots. Let’s get to it!
1. ArtScience Museum — The ArtScience Museum is located right next to Gardens by the Bay. With rooms of string lights, which provide the perfect lighting for a picture, and the permanent Future World exhibit, a futuristic world of high-tech interactive artworks, it’s guaranteed that you’ll love any shots you take at this location. While we love this location and its potential for a perfect Instagram picture, it does not showcase the natural beauty of Singapore, but it is definitely worth a shot.
2. Chijmes — Chijmes is an Instagram spot that’ll be sure to add some variety to your feed. This location features a preserved, authentic 19th-century chapel that almost looks like a castle. Snap some pictures in front of it and it’ll be sure to make you look like royalty.
3. Old Hill Street Police Station — I know what you’re thinking, “a police station is definitely not an instagrammable location.” Well, this time you might be wrong! The building features rainbow colored blinds against a white building that’ll give you the perfect backdrop for an instagram photo, all while bringing a little bit of color to your feed. While posing for photos at this location, watch out for traffic, the area gets busy!
4. Helix Bridge — If you are looking for a location that is easy to take pictures in and frames the shot itself, Helix Bridge should be on your list of spots to visit. The bridge connects Marina Centre with Marina South and is designed to represent the helix structure of DNA. While shooting some photos here would be amazing during any time of the day, the lights turn on at night to create a special visual experience while walking the bridge.
5. Haji Lane — Haji Lane is a street located in Kampong Glam that is adorned with small cafes and boutiques. The vibrant murals painted onto the buildings’ walls make for a background that will add more color and more flare than any Instagram picture you have ever posted or seen. Our recommendation for this location: snap a picture of you walking down this street or flaunt your outfit of the day in front of the walls.
6. Marina Bay Sands Hotel — What’s better than getting instagrammable pictures from the comfort of your hotel? At the Marina Bay Sands, the rooftop infinity pool makes for an amazing picture while overlooking the city from 57 stories. Only guests who are staying at the hotel have access to the pool, so if you want to snap this shot, you’ll have to make the commitment of booking a hotel reservation.
7. Cloud Forest — Cloud Forest is one of Singapore’s most famous landmarks within Gardens by the Bay. The Cloud Forest’s massive indoor rainforest and waterfalls make for an enticing backdrop that’ll be sure to bring a little bit of nature to your Instagram feed. Make sure to buy a ticket in advance to get access to this beauty!
8. Gardens By the Bay – Gardens by the Bay is a nature park spanning 250 acres of land in the Central Region of Singapore. You will explore plant life from around the world from diverse species in the cooled conservatories to towering vertical gardens and much more. My two favorite attractions is the Supertree Grove and Cloud Forest. This is one of the main highlights in Singapore and it definitely is a must see.
9. The Jewel – Inside Changi Airport is home to the world’s tallest indoor waterfall – called the HSBC Rain Vortex, and is surrounded by tens of thousands of trees, plants and scrubs. In addition to this amazing waterfall the Jewel is home to more than 280 restaurants and stores.
With all Singapore has to offer, these locations will surely make your trip unforgettable, alongside making your Instagram feed flourish!