On August 1, the following updates will be made to SPG® Amex Cards:
How You Earn Points with Your Card
When you use your Card, you can earn:
- 6X points for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards® hotels.
- 2X points on all other eligible purchases
- 4X points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on U.S. wireless telephone services purchased for shipping. Please note this update only applies to The Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express
- Annual Free Night Award: Card Members whose Card account anniversary dates are on or after August will be eligible to receive their annual Free Night Award (redemption level at or under 35,000 points) at a participating hotel. Select hotels have resort fees.
- Baggage Insurance Plan. Please note this update only applies to The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express.
On August 18th, you can expect to see these updates in your loyalty member account:
- In a one-time conversion, Starpoints will convert to points at a 1:3 ratio (one Starpoint will convert to three points). For example, 1,000 Starpoints will become 3,000 points. SPG will also make corresponding changes to the number of points required for redemptions.
- SPG will introduce a new Silver Elite status that will be recognized at participating SPG and Marriott Rewards hotels. As a Card Member, you will be eligible to receive complimentary Silver Elite status. If you have a status level higher than Silver Elite status, your SPG Status will be converted to the respective new Marriott loyalty program status level.
As part of these updates, there may be delays posting points to your loyalty member account.
This information and more is provided by americanexpress.com